The conference does not have an official conference hotel, you will need to find one that best suits your needs. Arlington has a wide range of hotels, both in terms of price and amenities. UT Arlington is having Parents’ and Family Weekend the same weekend as the conference, hotels will book quickly for this weekend so please make your reservations as soon as possible. Please see below for some recommendations for area hotels.
The Hyatt, 2380 Road to Six Flags St. E. 76011.
This hotel is the only one in the area that still offers shuttle service to UTA’s campus. They also offer airport pick up from DFW if you contact them in advance. Free hot continental breakfast is served every day. There are two Hyatt hotels on Road to Six Flags, be sure you book at the right address.
Thornton Inn Bed and Breakfast, 719 West Abram Street, Arlington TX, 76013
The Thornton Inn is walking distance from campus and several restaurants. Includes a full breakfast.
Comfort Suites Arlington 411 Road to Six Flags Street W. Arlington TX 76011
This hotel offers free breakfast buffet and is a short drive from the UTA campus.
For more cost effective options be sure to check Airbnb, there are several listings within walking distance of campus.
Getting around in an unfamiliar city can be confusing for some. Here are some tips and information that we hope will help you maneuver while at the conference. DFW Airport is approximately 16 miles from the UTA and Dallas Love Field Airport is approximately 25 miles. Uber and Lyft are excellent ways to get around the Metroplex (another word for the Dallas/Fort Worth Area). Most of the events will take place at the E H Hereford University Center (commonly known as University Center, not to be confused with University Hall.) The physical address for the University Center is 300 W. 1st Street. The phone number for the main building and information is (817) 272-2929. THSO members are not positioned at the phones at this number but university employees are there to answer any questions you may have about this location.
Please be aware that the city of Arlington has only limited public transit system. You may find the information below helpful for getting to and from the airports.
* UT Arlington Website: UT Arlington Getting Around
Here you will find helpful information about our physical campus
* The Metro Arlington Xpress website is found at Ride The Max
The Xpress allows for stops along the major corridors that connect the campus to I-30. You can get information regarding fees and routes here. DFW Airport via train (called the TRE) connects to this bus route, that will drop you of the campus. Check their website for fees and times.
Supershuttle offers bus travel from DFW Airport and Dallas Love Field. Check their website for fees and times.
Other points of interest:
* A Starbucks is located within the University Center and is easily accessable from W. 1st Street
* A Wells Fargo ATM is located within the University Center
* AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys Stadium) is approximately 2 miles east of the campus and Globe Life Park (Texas Rangers Baseball) is approximately 3 miles east.
* UT Arlington Library and Special Collections is located southwest of University Center (UC). When leaving any south-facing door, turn right (west) and then turn left (south) at the major sidewalk crossing. The library is past several buildings on the left just across from the large tree lined green space.